Troy is a very business-friendly city with over 6,000 businesses calling them home including dozens of very high-profile companies. On average, there are over 125,000 employees who come to Troy to work every day making it a thriving and diverse community. CNN Money recently ranked Troy 22nd on their "Best Places to Live" in the U.S. list and Sports Illustrated Magazine named Troy was named Michigan's Sportstown by for having the top community sports programs within the state. Troy is located in Oakland County about 30 minutes north of the city of Detroit and near Rochester, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills and Royal Oak.
• Smith Middle School was ranked better than 90.6% of the middle schools in Michigan.
• Smith Park Middle School is ranked 4th out of the 4 middle schools in Troy.
• There are 35 full-time teachers
• The ratio between teachers to students is 17.9.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 640 students
The Troy School District is a highly-ranked school district on both the local and national level. The district educates approximately 12,000 students and covers a little more than half of the city of Troy with the remainder of its students attending one of three nearby districts.
• 12 Elementary Schools
• 4 Middle Schools
• 3 High Schools
Smith Middle School
5835 Donaldson Dr.
Troy, MI 48085
Principal: Tim Fulcher
Troy School District
4400 Livernois Road
Troy, MI 48098
Phone: (248) 823-4000