South Lyon is a growing community in Oakland County. New construction is up and people are finding this cozy spot away from the major metro Detroit suburbs safe and inviting. You’ll find that there’s a lot of land to roam around as well as parks, playgrounds and local stores, coffee shops and restaurants worth checking out. When you live near Sayre Elementary you’ll find that you’re close to I-96 which can get you to downtown Detroit quickly when headed east or to Ann Arbor in under a half-hour. If you’re looking for a nice spot to call home that has many rural features combined with the benefits of suburban life then you’ll want to check out the homes around Sayre Elementary.
• Sayre Elementary School is ranked better than 86.5% of the elementary schools in Michigan.
• Sayre Elementary School is also ranked 3rd of the 7 elementary schools in the South Lyon Community School District.
• There are 26 full-time teachers.
• The ratio between teachers to students is 20.4.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 540 students.
The South Lyon Community School District covers 83 square miles and includes South Lyon, New Hudson, Salem Township and portions of other communities including a small part of Novi. There are nearly 7,700 students being educated at:
• 7 Elementary Schools
• 2 Middle Schools
• 2 High Schools
Sayre Elementary School
23000 Valerie Street
South Lyon, MI 48178
Principal: Jennifer Murphy
South Lyon Community School District
345 South Warren
South Lyon, Michigan 48178