Ann Arbor is a great spot to call home. Your children will be able to grow up near a premiere school and see how beneficial and attainable a higher education can be. With its bustling downtown area near campus, Ann Arbor hosts many amazing festivals and fairs throughout the year, have farmers markets, great restaurants, entertainment options and so much more. Even while immersed in this urban environment you’ll still be close to parks in and around the community that have nature trails, waterways, playgrounds and much more.
• Lawton Elementary was ranked better than 97.3% of the elementary schools in Michigan.
• Lawton Elementary was also ranked 6th among the 20 elementary schools in Ann Arbor.
• There are 26 full-time teachers.
• The ratio between teachers to students is 17.1.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 450 students.
There are nearly 17,000 students enrolled in the Ann Arbor Public Schools. The district covers over 125 square miles and includes the city of Ann Arbor as well as portions of eight surrounding communities. There are:
• 20 Elementary Schools
• 5 Middle Schools
• 3 High Schools
• 3 Alternative High Schools
Lawton Elementary School
2250 South 7th Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Principal: Shannon Blick
Ann Arbor Public Schools
Balas Administration Building
2555 S. State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104