One of the benefits of living near Kent Lake Elementary School in South Lyon is your proximity to many beautiful parks in the area. You’ll be real close to Kensington Metropark which features hiking and biking trails as well as a lake for swimming and paddling, horseback riding, a disc golf course, playgrounds as well as a Splash N’ Play Zone. Then there’s Island Lake Recreation Area which also has 4,000 acres of sprawling park land. You’ll also be close to I-96 which can get you to downtown Detroit and its suburbs fairly quickly. Whether your family wants to spend its time outdoors or at the movies, you’ll have lots of options available when you choose to live in South Lyon near Kent Lake Elementary School.
• Kent Lake Elementary School is ranked better than 82.2% of the elementary schools in Michigan.
• Kent Lake Elementary School is also ranked 4th of the 7 elementary schools in the South Lyon Community School District.
• There are 28 full-time teachers.
• The ratio between teachers to students is 19.8.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 555 students.
The South Lyon Community School District covers 83 square miles and includes South Lyon, New Hudson, Salem Township and portions of other communities including a small part of Novi. There are nearly 7,700 students being educated at:
• 7 Elementary Schools
• 2 Middle Schools
• 2 High Schools
Kent Lake Elementary School
30181 Kent Lake Rd.
South Lyon, MI 48178
Principal: Kim Dancer
South Lyon Community School District
345 South Warren
South Lyon, Michigan 48178