When you live near Dolsen Elementary School in New Hudson, you’ll find that you are living in a more open and rural part of the southeast Michigan. You’ll be close to the I-96 freeway which can get you downtown very quickly and into the metro Detroit suburbs with ease. To the north is Milford which has a charming and historic downtown area with many restaurants, boutique shops and playgrounds and parks for the kids. There’s also Kensington Metropark which has hiking and biking trails, a lake for swimming or paddling and many playgrounds and picnic areas. New Hudson and South Lyon is a growing community so check out the homes and find the perfect spot to raise your family.
• Dolsen Elementary School is ranked better than 86.7% of the elementary schools in Michigan.
• Dolsen Elementary School is also ranked 2nd of the 7 elementary schools in the South Lyon Community School District.
• There are 26 full-time teachers.
• The ratio between teachers to students is 19.1.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 500 students.
The South Lyon Community School District covers 83 square miles and includes South Lyon, New Hudson, Salem Township and portions of other communities including a small part of Novi. There are nearly 7,700 students being educated at:
• 7 Elementary Schools
• 2 Middle Schools
• 2 High Schools
Dolsen Elementary School
56775 Rice Street
New Hudson, MI 48165
Principal: Megan Goodemoot
South Lyon Community School District
345 South Warren
South Lyon, Michigan 48178