When you live near Discovery Middle School in Canton, you’ll find that you’re in a great community in which to raise a family. You’ll be close to the freeways and only about twenty minutes from Ann Arbor which has everything from walkable downtown areas, a Hands-On Museum and the University of Michigan. Just to the north is Plymouth with a smaller and more historic and charming downtown area. All throughout the area are unique and chain restaurants, lots of shopping options and entertainment. From movie theaters to parks to the Summit on the Park Rec Center, you’ll find a lot of family friendly things to see and do when you call Canton your home.
• Discovery Middle School is ranked better than 94.8% of the middle schools in Michigan.
• Discovery Middle School is also ranked 1st of the 5 middle schools in the Plymouth-Canton Community School District.
• There are 43 full-time teachers.
• The ratio between teachers to students is 22.1.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 970 students.
The Plymouth-Canton Community School District is the third largest school district in the state of Michigan. Educating nearly 18,000 students and covering 54 square miles, the district includes Plymouth, parts of Canton, Salem Township, Northville and a few other communities. There are:
• 15 Elementary Schools
• 5 Middle Schools
• 3 High Schools
Discovery Middle School
45083 Hanford Street
Canton, MI 48187
Principal: Roche LaVictor
Plymouth-Canton Community School District
454 South Harvey
Plymouth, Michigan 48170