Troy is a large city less than a half-hour north of Detroit and is known for its business-friendly atmosphere, welcoming community and luxurious surroundings. Situated on the eastern side of Oakland County, Troy is near the high-end communities of Birmingham and Bloomfield Hills. Nearby Birmingham has a thriving downtown area with boutique shops, restaurants and activities year-round. Troy boasts a population of over 80,000 and was ranked as the safest city in Michigan in 2011.
• Bemis Elementary School was ranked better than 98.3% of the elementary schools in Michigan.
• Bemis Elementary School is ranked 2nd out of the 12 elementary schools in Troy.
• There are 29 full-time teachers
• The ratio between teachers to students is 18.9.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 555 students
The Troy School District covers over half of the city of Troy with the remainder of the students attending the nearby Avondale School District, the Warren Consolidated Schools and the Birmingham City School District. Troy Schools boast an A+ rating and is ranked 25th out of the 673 districts in the state. Educating approximately 12,000 students, there are:
• 12 Elementary Schools
• 4 Middle Schools
• 3 High Schools
Bemis Elementary School
3571 Northfield Pkwy.
Troy, MI 48084
Principal: Jeremey Whan
Troy School District
4400 Livernois Road
Troy, MI 48098
Phone: (248) 823-4000