The Harrison Township real estate market is also home to Selfridge Air Base which has been in operation for almost 100 years. They’re home to the Air National Guard as well as a museum dedicated to military aviation featuring an indoor museum and an outdoor air park. Their air park features dozens of aircrafts from all eras of combat since World War I.
Harrison Township was formed back in 1827 but actually hadn’t become a charter township until 1978. Although it had tried to make the community a port city, these measures failed. However, the area has thrived over the years with its attractive shorelines, parks and community life.
Home to the Lake St. Clair Metropark, residents from all over southeast Michigan flock to this beautiful park for the 1,000 foot sandy beach, a swimming pool with water slides, a 1,600 foot boardwalk and miles of trails for hiking, biking and walking the dog. For those who love spending time on the water or close to nature, the Harrison Township neighborhood can’t be beat.
Harrison Township is close to numerous neighborhood amenities:
When you live in the Harrison Township, Michigan neighborhood, you’ll find that you’re less than an hour from the many great features that the metro Detroit suburbs have to offer. Even when you want to head into the city, it’s not too far of a drive.
• Selfridge Air Museum – Whether you love history, aviation or looking for something fun to do with the family, this air museum and air park is a wonderful place to learn about this air base, the various planes from decades ago and even get up close to check out the airplanes that have seen combat.
• Lake St. Clair Metropark – Although one of the smaller metroparks at just 770 acres, the Lake St. Clair Metropark is perfect for those looking to walk along the Lake St. Clair neighborhood shoreline, spend time strolling along the trail or taking part in a variety of sports on the water.
• Detroit Metropolitan Airport (Approx. 45 minutes)
• Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park Detroit Red Wings at the Joe Louis or Detroit Lions at Ford Field (Approx. 30 minutes)
• Somerset Collection- Troy (Approx. 30 minutes)
• Detroit Zoo – Royal Oak (Approx. 25 minutes)
• Oakland University – Rochester (Approx. 35 minutes)
• The Palace of Auburn Hills (Approx. 35 minutes)
• Downtown Mt. Clemens (Approx. 7 minutes)
Raising a family in the Harrison Township neighborhood means your children are growing up in safe environment where there is a lot to explore outdoors. They’ll also be close to many other thriving Macomb County communities like Clinton Township, Sterling Heights and Mt. Clemens.
Students in the Harrison Township real estate market will attend the L’Anse Creuse Public Schools. L'Anse Creuse Public Schools serves residents in Harrison Township and portions of Clinton Township, Chesterfield and Macomb as well as sections of Mount Clemens and St. Clair Shores. Overall the district encompasses 37 square miles with over 11,000 students attending its neighborhood schools.
The L’anse Creuse Public Schools have:
Harrison Township is a great neighborhood for those who want the option of leisurely cruising along on their boat or being close to the water. Whether you want to swim, kiteboard or go water-skiing, you’ll have plenty of opportunities. Even in the wintertime, you can head out onto the frozen water for ice-skating and ice-fishing.
But beyond the beautiful neighborhood parks and water, Harrison Township has lots of scenery so you don’t feel like you’re in a metro Detroit suburb. You’re close to the downtown areas of Mt. Clemens as well as such sprawling shopping centers like the Mall at Partridge Creek.
Imagine coming home from the office in Troy, Royal Oak or downtown Detroit and cozying up to a scenic view from the windows of your Harrison Township home.
Planning to buy or sell a home in Harrison Township? Let our local Harrison Township real estate team guide you through the sale of your current Harrison Township home or purchase your next Harrison Township property. As Harrison Township real estate experts and real estate agents, we're well-versed in the unique market dynamics of Harrison Township real estate. We're ready to work with you today!
Contact the Mark Z home selling team to learn more about representation for buyers and sellers. Preparing to sell your Harrison Township home? View our comparative market analysis page to receive a free Harrison Township home value estimate analysiswithin moments.