When you live near Workman Elementary in Canton, you’ll find that you’re near the historic downtown part of Canton that has many great retail spots, restaurants and boutique shops to spend some time at. Included amongst the 300-plus businesses is the Village Theater which showcases performance and visual arts as well as features classes. To the north in Plymouth you’ll find another charming downtown area that hosts many fairs and festivals and Ann Arbor, to the west, is only 20 minutes away. When you live near Workman Elementary in Canton, you’ll find that you’re raising a family in a safe and welcoming community with lots to see and do all around.
• Workman Elementary School is ranked better than 82.4% of the elementary schools in Michigan.
• Workman Elementary School is also ranked 7th of the 15 elementary schools in the Plymouth-Canton Community School District.
• There are 34 full-time teachers.
• The ratio between teachers to students is 20.1.
• In any given school year, there are approximately 690 students.
The Plymouth-Canton Community School District is the third largest school district in the state of Michigan. Educating nearly 18,000 students and covering 54 square miles, the district includes Plymouth, parts of Canton, Salem Township, Northville and a few other communities. There are:
• 15 Elementary Schools
• 5 Middle Schools
• 3 High Schools
Workman Elementary School
250 Denton Road
Canton, MI 48187
Principal: Jim Burt
Plymouth-Canton Community School District
454 South Harvey
Plymouth, Michigan 48170